Sunday, January 28, 2007

My virgin drive!

I had my first attempt in driving on the road without an instructor today! But of cos Dad is around just in case I kalang kabor in the mid way.

Mum, Dad, The love and myself were in the car so I feel a little scared at first since I am responsible for 4 lives! So for the first try I drove to our neighbourhood market so that we can have lunch, and most importantly the journey is super short la... everything was smooth and I managed to try out real parking without poles! Hehe!

After everything we went home of cos... after I successfully parked the car and have turned off the engine, Dad said "On the engine, now you driving to Telok Blangah to fetch sis from her tuition."

I was like... "WHAT THE!?!?!?!?!?!" Here I am finally sighing with relief that I have completed his test but to realise there was a bigger test coming up!!! Immediately I recalled the way he taught me swimming when I was young.

When I was about 6 years old, he brought me to the worst oldest swimming pool in Singapore (at river valley area). The walls of the pool is not tiled at all, you can see raw cement with algae growing out, and the "drains" were full of mosquitoes. I was crying when i saw the pool la, but dad pushed me into the pool and commanded me to swim to the finishing point. Of cos I cried harder and ask him to come save me! But he say I can only come up when I reach the finishing point, so I struggled and "thread water"... finally reached the point, and realised that's what swimming is all about.

Ok, out of point.

So my moral of the story is the way he teach me a skill is always very straight to the point and harsh. The love and I were in shock when we realise I have to drive along the expressways (which is like darn dangerous and scary for me can???). But dad insisted I start the engine and leave. Argh!

But of cos its good! Unknowingly, I've conquered places like Suntec and Vivo! I can drive there le! HAHAHA!

So, eventually I decided to make the best out of it... Jiayou! Some pictures of my virgin drive today! Haahaa!

The Love and I before the start off...


Anxious but still have to pose for cam...


Adjusting my mirrors...


Almost ready...


Leaving my home!


Waiting for the pedestrians...


Turning into Benjamin Sheares bridge!


The love actually took a video of me without me knowing!!! Arghhh! But its good la, can save it as a momento! Haha... my first Benjamin Sheares attempt! Please pardon the radio and the stupid sound that I produced near the end of the video when a car suddenly appears beside me. BWHAHAHAAHA.




From Geylang to Telok Blangah, we took the Nicoll Highway, Benjamin Sheares and ECP (is it correct? I haf no freaking idea hahaha).

From Telok Blangah, Dad told me to go by CTE so that I can get more exposure to the roads! We took the longer route so as to let me feel more and to learn la... After CTE we went out through Moulmein then McNair area, then Kallang, and finally back home!!! I must say I learnt a lot through driving long journeys like that!



.

No comments: